How many of you thought that LinkedIn was just a site for the sharing of professional resumes?
I certainly did – at least until this year when it become apparent that this this social network had much more depth and reach than expected. Some of the latest statistics indicate that the network shows growth as a social network for business as well as research. Today, it is seen as much more than only a site to share your professional CV and to look for work – as the infographic below on the growth of the network shows.Today it is a premier business site with people from all industries and countries flocking to set up profiles and use it as an effective business-building tool”.
An article from Forbes magazine highlights the recent growth of LinkedIn –
“In its official statement LinkedIn reports a total user base of 300,000,000 worldwide and revenue from its Premium Subscriptions of $95.5 million. This is an increase of 46% over Q1 2013 (and 20% of total revenue, a percentage that remains consistent for the first quarters of both 2013 and 2014”.
AND …. some interesting stats are –
- LinkedIn generates more B2B leads than Facebook, Twitter, OR blogging.
- 1 out of every three professionals on the planet are on LinkedIn
- 91% of digital marketers believe LinkedIn to be the #1 channel to distribute content •
- • 51% of companies acquired a B2C customer through LinkedIn
- 65% of journalists have used information on LinkedIn as research material
- There are over 3 million Company Pages on LinkedIn