Local SEO or search engine optimization is becoming more important for search engines.
One finding that supports this view is that more than 20 percent of searches on Google are location based and the experts predict a strong increase in location-based on-line searches. Mobile search – which is increasing exponentially- also has a strong focus on local content and products.
So, this means that on-line business and enterprises with a web presence should begin to focus on optimizing their website for local search – this is obviously even more important when it comes to SEO for small business.
In order to optimize for local search a number of complex factors have to be taken into account. The infographic below outlines many of these important factors such as :
- local ranking factors
- on-page factors that have to be taken into account.
- The fact that the URL of your business should reflect your location, among others
- header tags should reflect your services and location
- Meta descriptions should reflect services and location
- removal of duplicates
- Consistency of information
- the importance of reviews
Have a look at the detailed requisitions in this infographic and determine how your business sizes up.