There are a number of ways to conserve your laptops battery power and to extend your work time.
– Reduce multitasking. In the process of multitasking between different applications one often leaves some applications open unnecessarily – this consumes battery power. Try to reduce your multitasking to the essentials.
– If you are using Windows, go to the power options and choose the most efficient and power saving scheme.
– Turn off the autosave function in applications like Microsoft Word – this function continually saves your files to your drive or external device and adds to battery drain.
– Remove external USB devices like MP3 and cellophane chargers; as well as other external drives that are not being used – including your CD drive.
– Turn off your Wi-Fi as this also uses a great deal of battery life.
– Computer games, music or DVD movies and other multimedia significantly drain laptop batteries.
– Use your notebook touchpad rather than your mouse if you want to make your battery last longer. A mouse is another external input that drains battery power.
– Turn off all schedules tasks – such as automatic virus scans.
– Reduce the brightness of your screen display. The lower the brightness the more power the laptop has for other activities.
– Switching off your screensaver will also conserve power.
– Simply putting your speakers on mute will help to conserve battery power.
– Reduce computer temperature. Make sure that your computer is not in the sunlight or in an airless environment like a closed car – this will also help to increase battery life.
– Finally, you might consider purchasing an external battery pack. These rechargeable external batteries connect directly to a laptop and are capable of powering and recharging your laptops, as well as other devices such as phones, cameras and iPads.
View our Site Creator Hosting package